Jillian is an award-winning Scottish artist and soprano currently based in Norwich. She is a graduate of the Glasgow School of Art and Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, London. Jillian continues to study privately with Joan Rodgers CBE.
Recent projects include premiering the soprano solo in Paul Mealor’s Symphony No.1 ‘Passiontide’, with James Jordan, the University of Aberdeen Chamber Choir and the Orchestra of Scottish Opera; the creation of the title roles in two operas by Joe Stollery, in association with Tête à Tête and SOUND; a solo album of songs by Robert Burns entitled Ae spark o’ Nature’s fire with pianist Catherine Herriott; and a solo exhibition at the Barbican Library, London.
- Strike A LightJillian has been keeping herself extremely busy during the past couple of months, focussing solely on artwork while unable to participate in any live performances. A number of galleries and […]
- Song of the OceansA lovely start to 2020! Jillian was back up in Aberdeen to sing for HRH The Duchess of Rothesay and HRH The Princess Royal at an honorary graduation ceremony. She […]
- A BBC Christmas CelebrationCatch Jillian performing the soprano solo in Paul Mealor’s setting of Silent Night with Caritas Choir on BBC 1, Christmas Eve at 23:40. The programme will be available on iPlayer […]
- New Skin, Old CeremoniesWork is well underway installing the pieces for this group exhibition at St Mary’s Works, Norwich. Jillian is one of 13 artists displaying work in this show, which runs 4th-17th […]
- John Casken Composer Portrait: 31/10/2019This SOUND concert shall feature a new work for soprano and piano by the 2019 Carlaw/Ogston Composition prize winner, James Aburn. More information and booking details can be found here.
- SOUND Festival: The Yellow WallpaperJillian shall be back in Aberdeen for two concerts as part of the 2019 SOUND Festival. The first of these shall feature the premiere performance of The Yellow Wallpaper on […]
Now available to order